A Jersey offshore trust is a useful structure to preserve, protect and accumulate wealth. Jersey is a leading jurisdiction for trust and company business. Alex Picot Trust Company offers you a bespoke service in offshore and onshore formation and administration of trusts and companies.
When looking for a trustee it's important you choose a reputable one. We are regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission to conduct trust company business under the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998. Our directors are all qualified accountants and members of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
Why Should You Form an Offshore Trust?
Jersey Trusts are established for a variety of reasons including:
- Keeping your personal assets secure and protected
- Ensuring your family is taken care of after your death according to your wishes
- Tax advantages and exchange controls when you are moving to and from countries
- Protecting the distribution of your assets after your death from inheritance tax legislation
Key Benefits of Choosing an Offshore Trust
- Jersey taxes are not applied to trusts where all beneficiaries reside outside Jersey
- Jersey tax is not payable on distributions to non-resident beneficiaries
Peace of mind
- As there are no registration requirements the terms of the trust can remain confidential
- Legal and beneficial ownership remains separate in a Jersey trust safeguarding your anonymity
- Protections against overseas expropriation of assets, high taxation and forced heirship with the appropriate planning
- You can easily amend the terms of the Trust if your circumstances or wishes change on how the Trust is managed or your assets are distributed.
Trusts are established for a variety of reasons including:
- No Jersey taxes apply to trusts where all beneficiaries reside outside Jersey
- No Jersey tax on distributions to non-resident beneficiaries
- The terms of the trust can remain confidential as there are no registration requirements
- Appropriate planning protects against overseas expropriation of assets, high taxation and forced heirship
Learn more about Trust formation services »
Learn more about Trust administration services »